Thursday 23 February 2023

Liberte- Egalite-Philatelie!


After spending time checking for duplicates and putting several favourite countries' stamps in their respective albums - Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, USA - I ended up in France. The French postal service's propensity for releasing sets of two to twelve stamps led to a large baggie of their products waiting to be organized. In fact, rectangular stamps in that baggie, all stacked, measured nearly five inches. I had my work cut out for me!

The video above shows the final result. Don't mind the single page of Finland - small stamps of both countries were on the same Traveler album page. I'll fix that eventually. The video also lacks four pages  that stuck together as I was flipping pages. There are somewhere north of 1,700 stamps in those pages. For best use of space, I generally stuck to one format per page, then alternated those pages. There is only mild adherence to date order - I would have worked harder for my favourite country collections!

I had not ever intended to start a France album. But the number of home-printed pages soon stacked up, and I am firmly against putting stamps on both side of one page, so the page count ramps up quickly. As did the ever-nearer bottom of my bag of stamp hinges. I had to order more!

No comments:

Post a Comment