Sunday 19 March 2023

The Start of a Long and Noble Crusade...

....which has been years in the making.

I have had a large 'Keep' baggie for years. In it were stamps I wanted to keep for various reasons. One can't possibly remember each stamp in their collection. These stamps were ones I set aside...for future reference. But being retired, the future is now - I have had time to work through this Keep baggie, and to procrastinate!

Over the past couple of years, I sorted. First by continent, then by country. Then within each country's envelope, checking for doubles. Then cross-referencing the non-doubles with my albums. I organized each country's "Checked & Need" small envelope alphabetically by continent. I dealt with my first-line country collections first: Canada, UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and got them up to date.

Today, I decided to start my Long and Noble Crusade. It was time to finally album-ize these stamps! Taking the posts out of the pages in the first of  my three Traveler albums, I decided to start with all the 'A' country envelopes form the various continents, like Algeria, Andorra and Argentina. I'm working around the last photo-box of "Checked & Need" large envelopes, beginning with Austria!

Depending on how many additional album-busting new pages I end up with, there might have to be a fourth Traveler album!


No comments:

Post a Comment