Sunday, 16 August 2026

Bookmark This!

Since I hate throwing things out, even damaged stamps, I keep them. For some unknown purpose. Until now. Today I grabbed some card stock and a paper cutter, and cut about 15 strips to make bookmarks. On one side, I glued some of those damaged stamps. On the reverse, I wrote the tag line you see in the header photo of this blog. Then I laminated and cut them, and intend to send them to fellow collectors.

Occasionally, a very sharp-eyed collector will send me back some damaged stamps I sent. Now, I know it's bad form to send stamps that are obviously damaged. But how did I have them in my possession if someone else hadn't sent them to me? Chicken-and-egg thing. Some of the damage was pretty subtle. It's not like a whole corner was missing, or an obvious thin, tear, or heavy cancel. It really is in the eye of the beholder. 

I could write a book on exchanges in which I've participated. And now I'll have a bookmark to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment