Saturday 15 April 2023

Gee...The Crusade Continues

 

The Long and Noble Crusade continues as I album-ize stamps long organized but not yet hinged. Smaller countries like Andorra, Burkina Faso, Chile, Djibouti, Ethiopia and even French ocean colonies made it to pages. Then we got to G: Gabon, Ghana, and what to do about Germany?

Well, the 8x11 self-printed pages are up to about a half-inch deep, so Germany is getting its own binder. There was no way it was going to find a home within my three Traveler albums. I'm looking for a fourth. With 28 degree temperatures for a couple of days here, the sunroom is where the crusade is happening. It's stamping room only as each album page fills with as many same-shape stamps as I can fit, ones I've already organized five-deep in stock sheets along with assembled hinges and pages ready to go. It's quite an assembly line! Right now its commemoratives, then I'll circle back through definitives, Deutsche Bundepost Berlin and finally East Germany/DDR.

Then, my Germany collection will be unified!



No comments:

Post a Comment