Saturday 28 October 2023

105 Bucks of Fun! Kingston October Stamp Show

 
Kingston Stamp Club's October Stamp Show was held today at Crossroads United Church on Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard. I went with my requisite two reuseable shopping bags which did not go home unfilled. My second stop was Roy Lingen's table at which Roy had a suitably situated box of $5 grab bags. I picked up around 15 to give me a winter's worth, and Roy kindly gave me a volume discount! I've since checked them all out: I selected mostly off paper, but there are some real goodies in here! More of my haul:
My third stop was a dealer's table (sorry, didn't get the name to link to) where I found a jam-packed stockbook of US (top right, below) and a stock page full. Again, the dealer gave a volume discount.
But my first stop was the huge spread of consignment tables at the Kingston Stamp Club end of the hall. Constantly refreshed, and in some dire cases repriced by Val during my visit there, I found the cigar box of my dreams (above, including neat in-the-lid artwork!). And below, some ready-to-use album pages (very similar to the ones I've been making, shown in my previous post), a small stockbook of Canada corner blocks, three black stock pages or groupings of British Commonwealth, and another super grab bag. I intend to post my finds from the two club grab bags in an upcoming post. (Though I was hoping to keep my purchases to my previous 80-buck limit, that $10 grouping of Commonwealth pages seemed just to good to pass up, thereby putting me over the top!)
Except for Roy, most of the dealers were in the courteous but ho-hum variety and one even commented on his wish to liquidate his entire stock due to his age. I've discussed this syndrome in a previous post. The venue was good, ample parking and well-attended show although I failed to find a fifth Harris Traveler album, despite checking in with Roy, Val and what I could see at other dealers' tables. I'm currently completing country pages and placing them in a file folder. When it comes time to albumize those pages, I'll do an appreciation of remaining space in my four albums and go from there. Until then, it's sorting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment