Sunday 23 June 2024

The Start of (Round 2 of) a Long and Noble Crusade

I began my Long and Noble Crusade in March 2024. My goal was to albumize as many stamps, organized by continent and country, from my 'Keep' baggie as I could. After all, that baggie had been bulging and burgeoning for years, and procrastination was no longer something I could put off any longer.

I reached Germany by April, then Libya and Mongolia by about June. I took some sidetrips as engorged envelopes for several sizeable country collections arrived, like Finland, Germany, Norway and Switzerland, most earning their own albums.

Now it's fifteen months and four stamp shows later. That means the ever-popular 'Keep' baggie is expanding again. It's about time to embark on Round 2! Unlike last time, I plan to cherry-pick a 'best of' selection to share with the five or six of you who are actually reading this*. And there are some goodies, trust me!

As I sort the stamp-show material, largely (and very affordably) from Roy Lingen's table, as well as circuit and exchange keepers, I'm using a four-divider tray labelled with Post-its. This will easily help me direct the final disposition, as well as making sure I'm not mixing keepers with traders. 

This round, I have the advantage of several countries that have been albumized. This makes checking for doubles among newly-received stamps SOOOO much simpler. Also, if it's just a few stamps received, I can easily add them to pages I've already begun for each country [in Round 1]. Still escaping me is the will to albumize daunting, large countries like Bulgaria, China, Poland and Russia. I've already bit some big chunks off like India and Japan. I'll get there. I think.

* Of course this blog exists for my own documentary purposes as well, to track my progress, save some super stamp sites for future reference, and just to post pictures of stamps! But due to this blog's soft launch and low profile, I'm not kidding myself that Working Stamps is as fully seen as it is seen fully!

No comments:

Post a Comment