Sunday 4 August 2024

Maisie Makes Germany Great - Again!

Fellow philatelist Maisie Van Doren and I have been exchanging since November, 2023. Maisie paints on a big canvas, twice sending me 1,000+ lots of Germany. This happened again on July 3, when the below package arrived in a vintage Simpson Lumber Co. envelope. In fact, Maisie sent the stamps in envelopes I had previously sent her, returning a previous large lot of Germany. Fun! And look at the scenic views applied as postage! Hot and cold beverage and cookie time!
The only way I can sort stamps is to stack by size/orientation. All phases of Germany are represented and I learned lots: Germania, Hindenburg, pre-war, German states, WWII, semi-postals, Official issues, post-war and our late dictator himself - he of the bunker, preserved for historical and completeness purposes only. Maisie hinted at the overprints and varieties contained herein, and she was right - so interesting!
Here's where they're headed - my Germany album:
The stacking process, with DDR (still not sorted!) in glassine envelopes:
I returned about two-thirds of all, and everything I kept (save DDR) has been albumized. My thanks to Maisie for adding so much to my Germany - again!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment