Tuesday 4 June 2024

Summer Stamping!

Summer's here and the time is right for stamping in the streets. I submitted my membership request for this new online club:
I emailed the Canadian Stamp Dealers' Association for a few copies of their My First Stamp Album. I plan to place these, along with stamps from my starter packs, in free sidewalk libraries in our neighbourhood. The albums do not include hinges or stamps, but I will be enclosing both in each of the five copies the CSDA kindly sent me.

The second issue of the American Philatelic Society's online magazine StampEd is available.
This Saturday: Kingston Stamp Club stamp show. I have some leftover birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. I will be visiting the club consignment table and Roy Lingen's booth.
August 23-25: The BNAPS is holding their annual convention and bourse (we need a better word - how about marketplace or mall?) right here in Kingston. Free admission to some events!



The North Toronto Stamp Club hosts some excellent circuits, keeping postage costs for me low within Canada. I'm already part of the Worldwide and UK circuits, though I was finding my UK collection was decent enough to make a change. A quick email response from club president Klaus Hintz had me selecting some new circuits: Caribbean, US and Topical (aircraft).


No comments:

Post a Comment