Wednesday 11 September 2024

Long & Noble Crusade 2.0

After albumizing two-plus rows of glassines full of 'Keep' stamps in my first Long & Noble Crusade beginning March of 2023, we're now in L&NC 2.0. After sorting the 'Save' stamps in June of this year, they formed only one row in 2.0. So that's progress. Wanting to winnow that row further, I'm doing a 'need and checked' review through all four Traveler albums of mine. Normally sorting by continent, I merged all the glassines into alphabetical order like the albums. Starting at 'A' this week (top photo).
With album open, I arrange the glassine contents (Checked for duplicates) looking for matches in the albums (if none, it's a Need). If it's a Need, or it's a better cancel or condition, I swap them on the spot. If too much movement on the album page will be required to add the new arrivals, or more pages need to be printed due to a significant addition to a country [are you listening, Korea?] they go back in the glassine for albumizing.
This one-row was tightly squeezed into the photo-box lid, with hinges in Tupperware. (On one particularly humid day, I had to separate ALL the hinges in the envelope and store them in a cool place for a couple of days. The 500 or so hinges in the envelope were well on their way to becoming one big hinge!) Tonight I got to Mozambique (alphabetically, not physically) and I've already filled half a baggie with doubles and the row is shrinking. So the process is working. It has my....stamp of approval!

Still evading me is the will to albumize large, daunting country baggies like Bulgaria, China, Poland and Russia. I guess you could say I'm Stalin, er, stalling! Either way, I'm on my way to breaking out the fifth Traveler! The Crusade continues... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment