Saturday 12 August 2023

Joining ISWSC


This past year, I joined the International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors and I'm participating in their ISWSC Swap Circuits. For a few US dollars and the cost of one-way postage, 100 stamps arrive about each month. Each member removes some of the 100 stamps in the envelope, then replaces them with like stamps. Five ISWSC members' names are on each circuit, after which it is returned to a volunteer swap circuit manager. It's been enjoyable.

ISWSC members might have a challenge contacting me, as both my postal code and email appear to be incorrect!

In April, 2023 I participated in the ISWSC Grab Bag, whereby I sent two packets to Ramona Finley of the US - the Grab Bag co-ordinator - and got two other members' packets sent back. All participants had a chance of winning a free packet as well. There were 18 participants with 57 packets exchanged.

ISWSC puts out a colour, 40+ page newsletter via e-mail. It contains excellent articles and lots of information. 

My membership has definitely paid for itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment