Tuesday 22 August 2023

Schlossing and Schussing through Switzerland

 

I stopped my 'long and noble crusade' to albumize accumulated stamps in March, taking a summer hiatus around the L-and-M countries for the summer. I made two exceptions, due to arrivals of large numbers of stamps for Norway and Switzerland. This means that of my Mom's penpal countries (Australia, Great Britain, Norway, Switzerland, (East) Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland, only he Grand Duchy needs updating still, because today I finished Switzerland. My Swiss collection went from a very neutral 170 stamps to a much more positive 810 stamps on 23+ pages.

My collection starts with older definitives and commemoratives, some newer definitives, a pleasingly quite complete Pro Juventute and somewhat complete Pro Patria and Europa CEPT pages, then commemoratives from 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 etc. francs (above) and all the way up to 200 francs. 

Interestingly, one of the stamps is the 20-franc 2000 Jahre Basel issue showing Munatius Plancus overlooking his prosperous cityscape along the modern Rhine. One of a handful of stamps printed on the cover of my H.E. Harris 'Traveller albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment