Saturday 23 September 2023

Joining NTSC

As a Canadian Stamp News subscriber, I read an article last issue about exchanges and stamp club outreach. I was pleasantly surprised to find the North Toronto Stamp Club does not require you to live in...North Toronto! In fact, as part of their so-far successful campaign to increase their membership in their 85th anniversary year, membership dues have been reduced. I was definitely interested! Especially when I read about the club's swap circuits, of which there are several. I've found this to be an inexpensive way to:
  • choose high-quality stamps for my collection
  • deal with duplicates someone else might enjoy more
  • enjoy a cost-effective scheme, ideally with less-costly domestic postage rates
  • get stamp mail!
Before long, I'd completed the easy online membership form, sent dues, and had a nice, prompt reply from the club president. I'm looking forward to next 16 months of NTSC fun. This is a great example of stamp club outreach. And another example of how the pandemic was not all bad - Youtube, Zoom, online newsletters as well as encouraging out-of-town participation will no doubt grow the NTSC's membership by leaps and bounds! I received the NTSC Member's Guide by email. Say hello to the club's newest member #930!


No comments:

Post a Comment