Friday 19 April 2024

Stamp Collecting Starter Packs - the Sequel


Back on March 6, I published a post all about the Stamp Collecting Starter Packs that North Toronto Stamp Club member Lisa Tam described in the NTSC's March 2024 newsletter. Well, I'm happy to report that all four of the Starter Packs have found their way out of the free neighbourhood library just around the corner from our house!

On our neighbourhood walks, I put one pack in the library per week. (OK, one week we didn't walk due to the unseasonal weather!) And one by one, they all disappeared. I have no idea where they went or who has them, or whether the library owner just removed them and trashed them (boy, I hope not)! I have to believe they have found a good home. So, of course it was time to produce more. This time, as a sequel, I built six packs, each containing 60 stamps. About 20 topicals (space, animals, sports etc.), 10 US, 10 Canada and 20 worldwide including some CTO. The assembled pack contents on my Michaels lap/sorting tray:
Using Lisa's printed pdf backer sheet that I colour-printed and cut, I also included a sky-blue yardstick piece (since I didn't do two-sided printing) and stapled the 'Casper Crystal Clear Self-Sealing Bag' from the dollar store all together. Over the next couple of weeks, we'll place these in the library in our walks and see what happens!

1 comment: