Saturday 4 May 2024

Let's Finnish This Thing!

My remaining box of big countries with big envelopes with big numbers of stamps yet to be albumized contains some that may never get done: Hungary, Poland and the ones on the Czech list. Just the volume of issues and the presence of so many CTO's makes it daunting. But during my recent levelling of my albums, it seemed to make sense to break out the Scandinavian nations. So I did. Denmark wasn't too daunting, so that envelope got emptied and the stamps albumized. Then I got that Helsinking feeling that Finland would fall next. And it did.
Going in, my first Finland page looked like this (above). I had to reposition a lot of the definitives onto a second page. I took all my Finland stamps from the envelope and organized them in a spiral stock book to check for any duplicates before albumizing them (below). Some incredibly colourful modern issues!
The homemade cover of my DFNS (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) album shows what may be the footprints of an ardent nearly-frozen philatelist trudging the trek to a completed album, hand-lettered with some representative issues in the front of my display-front D-ring Value Village find-album:
I used a set of numbered tabs, illustrating the cover page with maps from a re-homed album.
Just a few more to go, then I'll be moving next door to Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment