Two years ago, I had a whack of additional album pages to interleave into my (then) four Traveler albums. To do so, I removed the album pages from all four and stacked them = 5.5 inches. Today, I did the same thing. The stack was...higher. The to-be-added pages are on the dining room table (top photo, with coffee) then stacked atop the Traveler:
To keep the removed pages organized, I made this page-holder from two steel mini-posts and a block of wood. Reverse alphabetically:
The process went surprisingly quickly, completed in about three hours. This gave me a chance to inspect the page holes, order of pages and have a look through my collection. I examined the back cover listings of the Travelers to try to assess their relative age. The prices increase slightly! One of these seven is my original album, still in use over 45 years later.
I liked how the Traveler is described (below). There is no maximum number of stamps, though other more expensive albums have room for 50, 60 or 90,000! The more expensive albums for more experienced collectors have vinyl covers. The linen has a tendency to separate on the edges of the spine from opening and closing the album. I withdrew my most weary Traveler for this reason. I'm holding it in reserve and going with six Travelers to hold most of my collection!





No comments:
Post a Comment